My goal as your therapist is to help you live a happy and joy filled life outside of the therapeutic space. Each client receives an individual plan and the flow of treatment typically goes:
Initial/Intake Session: I gather history of you and gain understanding of the challenge that brought you to me. At the end, I will provide a clinical recommendation for treatment (including skills and timeframe/amount of sessions to minmally meet your goal).
Second Session: Begin to build rapport with each other and address immediate issues.
Following Sessions: Identify perspectives, self compassion, increase self understanding and implementing daily skills outside of therapy to enhance your emotional stability.
Termination/Graduation: When you have achieved your desired goal from the initial session I always recommend booster sessions as to provide accountability for maintenance of your goals!
Blending various techniques that incorporate a healthy life will support you in living authentically. In my work, I like to look at the emotional, spiritual, physical and overall health of a person in order to create a harmony of these systems. Below are a few speciality areas that encompass this framework.
● First session for initial assessments/treatment plan are charged at $175 (75 minutes)
● Following weekly/biweekly sessions (regardless of location) are charged at $120 (50 minutes)
● Couple's/Family sessions are charged at $135 (50 minutes)
● Concierge (in-home) sessions are charged at $150 (50 minutes)
● All sessions have a 48 hours cancellation policy that we go over during scheduling and consults
● I am also in-network with Blue Shield of CA (PPO), Magellan Health (part of Blue Shield), Aetna (HMO, PPO, Managed Choice, EAP). Please call your Member's Services to verify that I am in network and I can also run a screening too to verify benefits.
● I can provide a super-bill or OON form for you to submit to your insurance plan for out of network reimbursement. I also have a few limited sliding scale slots available too, please discuss with me if finances are a barrier to you seeking quality therapy.
LGBT issues and challenges
I create a space of acceptance and self discovery to living openly as your authentic self.
Using various education tools like the Genderbread, and Feminist and Queer theory's, I can help you understand intersectionality in sex, gender, desire and social, political and family constructs in your life.
Transgender related challenges
Parenting while identifying on the LGBT spectrum
Inclusion with family and friends
By taking en eclectic and creative approach to treatment I like to incorporate activities that enhance learning capacity.
Family mapping to explore patterns within your family history and helping you understand why your family is the way it is
Gottman's theory to increase couple's relationship skills
Inclusion of special needs issues related to parenting
Pre/peri natal anxiety and depression in both parents
Trauma Informed Care
Understanding that various trauma's impact our emotions, physiological states and social angsts, I use the following skills and lens to process the trauma you or a loved one has experienced. Utilizing a combination of safe traditional office spaces and bilateral stimulation (walking) we can work together to overcome trauma.
Sexual Assault Survivor care
Seeking Safety (Substance Abuse and PTSD curriculum)
PTSD related anxiety and depression
Mindfulness Strategies to create a sense of calm