My goal as your therapist is to help you live a happy and joy filled life outside of the therapeutic space. Each client receives an individual plan and the flow of treatment typically goes:
- Initial/Intake Session: I gather history of you and gain understanding of the challenge that brought you to me. At the end, I will provide a clinical recommendation for treatment (including skills and timeframe/amount of sessions to minmally meet your goal).
- Second Session: Begin to build rapport with each other and address immediate issues.
- Following Sessions: Identify perspectives, self compassion, increase self understanding and implementing daily skills outside of therapy to enhance your emotional stability.
- Termination/Graduation: When you have achieved your desired goal from the initial session I always recommend booster sessions as to provide accountability for maintenance of your goals!
Blending various techniques that incorporate a healthy life will support you in living authentically. In my work, I like to look at the emotional, spiritual, physical and overall health of a person in order to create a harmony of these systems. Below are a few speciality areas that encompass this framework.
● First session for initial assessments/treatment plan are charged at $150 (75 minutes)
● Following subsequent sessions are charged at $110 (50- 60 minutes)
● Couple's sessions are charged at $125 (50- 60 minutes)
● In home sessions are charged at $125 (50- 60 minutes)
● All sessions have a 24-48 hours cancellation policy that we go over during scheduling and consults
● I am also in-network with Blue Shield of CA and Magellan Health
● I can provide a super-bill or OON form for you to submit to your insurance plan for out of network reimbursment
LGBT issues and challenges
I create a space of acceptance and self discovery to living openly as your authentic self.
Using various education tools like the Genderbread, and Feminist and Queer theory's, I can help you understand intersectionality in sex, gender, desire and social, political and family constructs in your life.
- Transgender related challenges
- Coming out
- Parenting while identifying on the LGBT spectrum
- Inclusion with family and friends
By taking en eclectic and creative approach to treatment I like to incorporate activities that enhance learning capacity.
- Family mapping to explore patterns within your family history and helping you understand why your family is the way it is
- Gottman's theory to increase couple's relationship skills
- Inclusion of special needs issues related to parenting
- Pre/peri natal anxiety and depression in both parents
Trauma Informed Care
Understanding that various trauma's impact our emotions, physiological states and social angsts, I use the following skills and lens to process the trauma you or a loved one has experienced.
- Sexual Assault Survivor care
- Seeking Safety (Substance Abuse and PTSD curriculum)
- PTSD related anxiety and depression
- Mindfulness Strategies to create a sense of calm